Animated Video Production
The term animation is used to describe a series of still images or illustrations joined together to form a fast paced sequence; giving viewers the illusion of movement. In this modern day and age, animation and video production is becoming increasingly popular in the UK and worldwide. Video is now one of the best ways to share short and informative messages to an audience and more and more companies are using it as a learning, training and educational tool. If you’re looking to stand out against your competitors, animated explainer videos are an essential element in developing your business. Did you know that 84% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s explainer video?
As a creative agency, we’ve been lucky to work with some great clients like corporate giants UBS, IBM and ForgeRock, making various videos in a range of different styles for them including infographics to help with marketing, along with 2D and 3D demo explainers to be shared on their website and other social platforms. When you choose DreamingFish to produce your video, we will work collaboratively with your business, assisting you from story to screen in order to create engaging, innovative and effective content for your business. Looking to get started on your video journey? Get in touch today!
Stages of Animated Video Production:
There are a few essential steps when it comes to creating and designing any type of animated video. As part of our services, your business will be at the heart of everything we do. We will keep in regular communication with you to ensure we get feedback at every stage of production so that you’re happy with our progress. Here at DreamingFish, this is usually how our video production schedule tends to go an agency:
• Scriptwriting – Based on your key messages, our in-house team of scriptwriters will work on a script that echoes your brand’s tone of voice. Whether you’re creating promotional content for a product or a corporate training video to be watched by your employees, we want to make sure that your brand values and personality comes across. Once you are happy to sign off the script, we will move onto our next step!
• Style-frames and Designs – When working with you, we’ll decide on a design approach that is on-brand, engaging, and will be easily recognised to help with marketing and brand awareness. We will usually get inspiration from your brand guidelines, any websites you own, reference videos you like, and other assets your company may already have.
• Storyboarding – Once a design approach has been chosen, using your script, we’ll create a storyboard so you can see exactly what visuals will be accompanying the voiceover to get a feel for how your final video will look.
• Animating – The next step is to start animating! This is the exciting part where we bring all our previous work to life to create an edit of your video, and you’ll get to see the animated music video, infographics, or web video animation you’ve been imagining start to appear on screen.
• Post-production – (sound design etc) – Depending on the approach, time frame and budget, we may add a little bit of sound design and secondary animation to give your video that extra bit of spice!
You can view the different styles of animations we have created below in our 2021 Animation Showreel!
The Different Styles of Animated Videos:
There are many different styles of animations that can be used to make training and educational or promotional content for your company. You might be looking for something 2D which is a form of vector-based animation using digital illustrations or hand drawn tools in order to produce innovative and creative drawings. Similarly to 2D, 3D animation also brings flat and static drawings or vectors to life by using features like CGI which makes characters appear more realistic.
You may also be drawn to an explainer that uses kinetic typography with isometric iconography; the list is endless! If you’re not sure on which style would work best for your content or brand, don’t worry! When you get in touch with us about your animated video requirements, our in-house team of creatives will discuss with you what the best animation approach is for your business and we will be sure to create a video that you can be proud of!
Benefits of Animated Explainers:
Did you know that 85% of the population are influenced by watching explainer videos? Explainer animated videos are a very important marketing tool and therefore an essential element to developing your business or helping your agency flourish! Due to the recent Coronavirus pandemic, many live events and conferences have been replaced with virtual events, which are slowly becoming the ‘new normal’ for companies across the globe. This has seen a rise in businesses using animated explainer videos as a way to engage with their audiences, showing off that latest product or highlighting their newest services. You can view more examples of the videos we have created over on our portfolio! Take a look at these recent 2021 Video Marketing statistics:
• 91% of marketers feel video is more important for brands in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
• 84% of video marketers say video has helped them generate new leads.
• 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
If a picture can paint a thousand words, imagine how many a video can…PS, it’s a lot more! Looking for an animated video for your UK business? Get in touch with us today!
How Much Will an Animation Cost?
All of our quotes are bespoke and vary from project to project. The cost of your video depends on several key factors; the type of animation you choose to go for, the desired length etc. Based on this information, we will put together a proposal with a cost breakdown for your project along with relevant examples of our work. If you have a rough budget in mind for your project, please let us know and we will work out what is achievable. We will only start production once you are happy to sign off the quote. By keeping you regularly updated on your project, you’ll never have to worry about any surprise additions to your budget!
Can You Create Animated Explainer Videos for Social Media?
Absolutely, we would encourage you to! We’ll be more than happy to create social media edits for any of your social channels. We can also optimise your videos for maximum engagement by altering the dimensions (square for Instagram, portrait for stories etc) as well as keeping the edits between 10-30 seconds in length, making sure your viewers get to your all important call-to-action at the end.
Are Your Animated Video Production Services COVID-19 Friendly?
We want to make sure that our team and our clients are kept as secure as possible against COVID-19, no matter where we are in the production process. This is why we’ve adapted every part of our service to follow the latest rules, regulations, and guidelines wherever possible.If you’d like to see a full list of everything we’re doing to stay safe at this time, please take a look at our COVID-19 response.
Get In Touch Today!
To learn more about the our animated video production services, call us on +44 (0)203 745 0825 or contact us using our enquiry form
University of Surrey | Hive Explainer
Home Noir | Explainer
ForgeRock | Privacy Dashboard
Reward Gateway | SmartTech